Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

Beautiful Week

What a beautiful week it was! And so fun to have my parents here visiting. I save my projects for when they come because they have such good taste, when I don't trust if I'm making the right choice, they reassure me and help me hunt for just what I'm looking for. Our first project was a new flower arrangement for the front door. All the flowers in our front yard are in bloom and in pink so this just fit right in.

We celebrated May birthdays early by having a party for both Renee and Grandpa, homemade carrot cake included.

Our big adventure was going to Ikea (3 times in 3 days) and putting together a new cupboard for my laundry room, but those photos are for another day. My dad also helped install the new garage doors that replaced the ones that actually fell! Fortunately, it missed my favorite car to drive!

Our next big adventure was in my favorite car. I got lost after living in this area for eleven years. I took my parents on a wild goose chase through the better part of two counties for an hour and half until I finally came to what was only twenty-five minutes on the way home. . . pathetic, I know. But, we did see some beautiful countryside and homes, and finally arrived at our destination - the azalea garden. Because it was the only rainy day of the week that we set out on this adventure, we had the place to ourselves, but umbrellas were essential also.


There were 22,000 azaleas planted here in many colors, from coral to white,and several shades of pinks, purples and reds. Even in the rain it was just so peaceful and beautiful. We loved looking around and taking it all in.


It's always a joy for us to spot some wildlife on our adventures. Here we spotted a blue heron close to the water's edge.

Last but not least, tonight was my son's first of two big dates. Tonight was to our Stake's Youth Formal - better known as Mormon Prom. He had a cute date and as a group of ten they all had pictures then dinner at our house before heading to the dance. Tomorrow he's been invited by a girl to her school's senior prom at the Raven's Stadium. Big nights for our big guy.


No comments: