Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Simplifying

Notice a new layout? Simpler. Cleaner. Less Distractions.

As a teenager my definition of a good life was to be busy. Today, my definition is less about filling time, but making sure what I'm doing is serving my primary objective.

Time on the computer has become more a distraction for me than I need. I have been inspired by other women who have found that the closer they get to the Lord, He tells them the same things He's told me; pull back, spend less time there and more time here, with my family and serving others. Its become a necessity in my life to spend some time every day, but I can't let it take prime hours. They're just too precious.

I saw a sign at the ball park today with a cute little girl with short hair holding a doll. It read, "Casey's Foundation because Life Is Precious," and had a website.

Life is precious. I need to use my time more wisely.

I passed a book on to Amy titled, Simplify. She laughed at first, saying, Here I am in the hospital, you don't think it's simple enough? But after her mom started reading it to her, they told me, they got it. We root out what gets in the way of our coming fully to the Lord in heart, might, mind and strength.

While I am not sitting in a hospital bed I need to stay focused on what I can do that will positively impact others. Consider this my major weeding day.

No comments: