Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Going, Going . . .

Almost gone.

The beautiful fall leaves are already gone.
That's not what I'm referring to.

The house is under contract, which means WE are almost gone.

We've had a good life here. So many blessings have come - good friends, good neighborhood, good job, good ward, good opportunities, good home. Then the job changed, and when that changes, everything changes.

Everything is falling into place. All my prayers were answered. I wanted to be able to put up Christmas decorations. I wanted our family not to be separated. I wanted us to drive all together across the country. I wanted to be in the same time zone as all my children. I wanted the opportunity to get to see the older children and our extended families more often. I wanted to not have to keep my home realtor ready every minute. I wanted to be able to spend more time with my friends. I wanted to eliminate the worry of "will my house sell?"

And, it did. In two weeks, it's over. We signed the papers this morning. We worked hard to stage it and get it ready, but really I have to give all the credit to the Lord. Who buys houses in December??? Seriously!

I thought of going now to find a new one next week. Mike wanted me to go pick one without him, but I can't do that. I want it to be our mutual decision, that we both see and feel good about. And so we'll wait until January. It'll be okay. We moved here having no idea either, and it all worked out. It will work again.

Still, on the way to sign the papers, I shed a few tears.

I couldn't talk. I looked at all the trees on the side of the road. I thought of all my friends that live in Maryland. I thought of the many memories made in my home. I am going to miss all of these things. I am going to miss them a LOT! I have a lot to give up for a lot of unknown.

Yet, we keep feeling the pull to go, and so we are going. Its hard to explain the Spirit, but its unmistakable when its so obvious. I know others prayed for us too, and I'm grateful for all of them. We know that the Lord has a place in mind for us and that it will all work out eventually, so we have prepared and waited. Apparently, now its time.

It's going to be an adventure. We'll be living in a hotel for the first few weeks and that's as far as I know.

This is coming fast.

Almost gone.

No comments: