Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Tulips at the Temple

Today school was canceled due to a train leaking toxic materials just a few miles from our home, so since I wanted to go to the temple tomorrow, I decided today would be even better to get out of our town for a while. There is a fabulous mall about ten minutes from the temple, so I dropped my three children there, while I went. What a joy to see the tulips in full bloom when I arrived at the temple. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me. I just wasn't expecting them, but what a delight. These are pictures my mom sent me last year from her trip to Thanksgiving Point in Utah. At my desk area downstairs I have a picture of the Washington D.C. temple with all the tulips up there, and it makes my heart happy every time I see it. I can remember more than once being overjoyed with happening upon them each Spring and its a good reminder to me of the hidden blessings that come to us as we attend the temple. Today there were several beds of tulips in front of the temple today, but my favorite was the one with all reds and pinks. When I took the children back to see the temple after I was finished, MyGirl loved that color combo best too.

While I was busy, the children went to lunch, spent time in several fun stores, and were happy to get out of town and have a little unexpected fun for the day. On the way home we stopped by the Outlet mall on the way, looking for smoky mustard. We couldn't find it in any of the cooking stores, but I'll keep searching. Mom had some when I was at her house, and it was delicious! The boys were happy to settle for some Rocky Mountain Fudge instead.

It turned out, the conditions were just right so that no vapor cloud formed, and everything is back to normal in Monument. A hazardous team was brought in from New Mexico and we were blessed to receive the much needed rain we've been praying for in our part of the country. Once again we feel grateful for more tender mercies that have come our way.


No comments: