Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Last of the Indoor Big Projects

I was talking to a friend this morning from Maryland. It seems like its been about two years of fixing up one house or another. I am so happy to say today is the end of the indoor projects.
The workers were here on time to rip out the old grout and tile. You will NOT be missed.
And installed the new granite. Its called Tan Brown, and was the mix of black and brown that I wanted, not too speckly and not too boring and doesn't show fingerprints. I wanted it to read almost solid from a distance but up close have some interest and sparkle, and it does. So, I'm happy.
The contents of the lower cupboards and countertops are now waiting to be put back where they go.
*An update posted 6-20
Here is a better view of the bar and sink with the light on above. Notice how much lighter it looks, more gray than black, and the brown stands out more. We now have an under-mount sink, which Mike did all the plumbing before and after, and saved us a lot of money. I also realized the photo above shows the only seam line in the whole kitchen. The entire L-shaped bar is one piece and this seam runs along the right side of the sink as it reaches the bar, so its only about 3 feet long.
 And, here is the kitchen now - all finished. Everything put back in place and ready for cooking!
I learned something in my shopping for countertops; the darker the granite, the more dense, and less likely to crack when being cut. May I live out the rest of my days without grout in the kitchen! It feels more sanitary already!

No comments: