Pages

Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Halloween Party

This was a big week for LittleBuddy.

Monday - appointment with the pediatric cardiologist - three different issues - Sheesh! None fatal, but two problematic, so we're making some changes, keeping our eye on things, and waiting. 


 Wednesday - Court of Honor - earned Life. Only Eagle left to go.

Saturday - The Halloween Party at our house. Here are a look at some of the decorations.
Clearly I was having fun, though everything I bought was either at the dollar store, Walmart's cheap section or free from the internet.

 I saw some vinyl monsters online and because I'm cheap, I just kind of made up these after looking at those. They're similar but not exact. And, since I used my Cricut rather rarely, I had plenty of black vinyl on hand.


 I had the boys mixed up as to where they sat and what teams there were on in the games by numbers on their menus. It made it easier for their "waiters" to find them and kept everyone mingling together all night.
I forgot to take a picture of the entrance to the bathroom. . .  monster teeth hanging under the top door frame with eyes above it. Hanging on the door is a sign with a skeleton that reads "Enter if you Dare." I liked this. Mike says I'm morbid. I just think its fun to be silly sometimes. There was also spiderweb stuff everywhere and Big spider stickers on the windows. Those came down the next morning. . . kind of freaking me out every time I looked their directions.







I couldn't have pulled this off without My Girl's help and My Mom's. From going to the Dollar Store to decorating to food prep, this was not something I could have done all on my own.
For me, one of the most fun parts was our meal menu. The boys ordered 12 different items in different orders. Their menu included items like the following: Petrified Rodents
 Mummy Cakes - of course, not knowing what they really were when they ordered.
 Spider Bites, Zombie Heads, and Caterpillars, as well as other things like Frankenstein Heads, Gooey Goblins, Silent Screamers, Bloody Stubs, Bat Bites, and the Poison choices were Elixir of Eel, Frog Venom or Witch's Brew - different soda/ice cream combinations.
 Some kids did great with this, others not so much, but they all ate something, and downstairs when they watched the movie there were snacks to eat too so I know nobody left hungry.
 There were games, like Mummy Wrap, Howl like a Werewolf, and Monster Feud, The boys had more fun with these than I even thought they would.
 Did I mention they also had crazy utensils. Here one of the boys eats his Silent Screamers (mashed potatoes) with a spaghetti spoon.
7 layer dip was Melted Monsters and the chips to go with them were Chipped Headstones - Fun Times!
The best part was LittleBuddy had  fun with his friends - 10 boys in all and they made some unique memories I hope they'll remember.

No comments: