Pages

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Meal Planning Woes

I know I"m a week late for the monthly meal plan. I had a plan ready. Then last Monday I went to the doctor and she radically changed my diet in her quest to solve my health issues. You know how I was trying to be moderate and go Mediterranean. Now we're at radical, and frankly, that's hard to plan for. But here goes the next week on Gluten-Free, Dairy Free, Gerd, and Fodmap diet plans for me and tasty enough for the rest of them who are eating like normal people. Twice this week I'm having company so its going to be a good stretch for me to make this happen.

Some weird things : I can have goat cheese, but not anything from cows.
   I can have some of the veggies and fruits I like but hardly any of my real favorites.
   Some brands of almond milk hurt me worse than cows milk, but others feel fine.
   The Gerd and the Fodmap diets are like opposites almost, but they both have to do with one's GI system.
   I can have table sugar. Go figure! But it does make me feel less deprived just knowing that, though I've only had it once, with some homemade jam. Since I knew what was in it, I knew I'd be okay, and I was.
   I can have no nuts but I can have almond milk, and while more than a couple of whole almonds hurts me, almond milk doesn't. Yeah!

Some terrific things: I am losing weight which I wanted to do so this has made that a lot easier.
    I am trying hard not to be hungry by making sure I have enough calories.
    I can have the plain Cheerios and they are actually great with 3 fresh strawberries sliced. Thank goodness its strawberry season. I'll be doing blueberries and then bananas as the summer goes on.
     I LOVE goat cheese.
   
    Simple Saturday: Hamburgers (no bun or grilled onions for me), Home baked Potato Fries, Cucumbers and Carrots, and Fresh Strawberries

Special Sunday: Grilled Chicken and/or Turkey, Green Beans, Crash Potatoes, modified for me, Green Salad, Fresh Fruit Salad, and Rolls (not for me)

Mexican Monday:  Chicken Burrito Bowls - Chicken, Salsa, Beans, Rice, Lettuce, Cheese, Cilantro and Tortillas
        mine will be missing the salsa, beans, tortillas and cheese, but I'll replace cheddar with feta)

Seafood Tuesday
Since we're having company who I don't know if they can eat seafood, I'm going back to basics here: Turkey meatballs with gluten-free breadcrumbs, Tomato based sauce on the side, Mashed Potatoes using almond milk, Green Salad, Rolls (not for me) Fruit Salad Tart for dessert (I'll keep my fruit separate)

Meatless Wednesday: Egg Sandwiches, with Egg, Spinach, Sun-Dried Tomato, Goat Cheese, on Bread
    (Mine will be on gluten-free bread and have only egg whites and a very small piece of tomato) and
    Greek Salad (mine will be missing the artichoke)

Italian Thursday:  Chicken Spinach Pasta Salad using Brown Rice Pasta. (mine will be missing the red peppers,
    mushrooms, and dressing which I'll substitute with olive oil and vinegar homemade dressing and add carrots and cherry tomatoes)

Fun Friday: KFC Bucket - Grilled chicken, sides of cob corn and mashed potatoes, which I won't have from there, but will bring them home and have my own corn and potato and I'll add a green salad for everyone

Here's hoping to a great week!


No comments: