Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Handy Sewing Tool Keeper

I made this for Christmas - one for myself and one for my mom and realized I forgot to share it.
Using three fat quarters, a scrap and a small piece of felt, I just started sewing pockets on the inside then put some batting underneath it, and used the third fat quarter for the cover. I then turned it inside out, closed up the seam, sewed a few seams on the outside to help it fold well, and easy!
At the end, because I had made two, I ironed some wonder-under on orange letters so my mom and I could tell ours apart, then added a bright orange button and some elastic to keep it closed.
My mom had signed up for a class at our local sewing shop so I thought this would make it easy for her to carry the tools she needs and I take mine to doctors and physical therapist appointments for my children and continue working on the barn quilts. I just finished December's. Four more months to go and then I can show you the completed set of barns. It really has been a great project and more fun to share it with my mom.




No comments: