Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Heavenly Peace Quilt

This quilt pattern comes from the V&Co. book, Green.
I initially started following the pattern exactly but as rows were added, I just improvised my green triangles and my neutral squares to where it felt comfortable to my eye, and of course, my fabric pull was just whatever I gathered that I liked in different shades of green. There are 24 different shades of green that I used and eight different neutrals, making it my first scrappy neutral quilt as well.

I named it Heavenly Peace because the quilting is a cloud design and the trees in the clouds, which are common where I live, are calm and peaceful to me. Its the first quilt I paid someone else to quilt it for me. I gave it as a gift to a family who has blessed many members of my family, and brought joy and peace to our lives, so it just seemed the right name. As always, my quilt titles come from songs, and this is from, "Silent Night." The backing has a small village that looks like Bethlehem with a golden star above.
I finished it the week of Thanksgiving and have only made pillow covers and pot holders since, so I am posting this again to motivate me to get back into bigger projects again. I have MANY I want to create, so here's to 2017 being a more productive quilting year for me.

Here are the others I finished in 2016

This one I made for my oldest son's 24th birthday. We called it "Moose Fighter." Up close you can see Moose everywhere and the Fighter is from the Keith Urban song, "The Fighter." Its a song about protecting those you love. Quilts offer comfort and protection for those we love as well. I quilted it on my home machine. The fabric was "Moose on the Loose," by Cheryl Haynes for Benartex. The pattern is from Atkinson Designs, called "Lucky Stars."
This was as table runner I made for my friend's wedding. She loves poppies and these are the colors she uses in her home. I found the pattern free online and used fabrics I had gotten at Joann's the year before when I was in UT visiting the store my daughter manages.

I also made a Christmas quilt for my family but have yet to quilt it. That needs to become a finished project soon, though I'm not super motivated to do it right now, so we'll see. I'm also working on the last barn quilt. I thought it would be done last week, but maybe this week instead.




No comments: