Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

True Beauty

 

Simple, clean, fast, my idea of beautiful scrapbooking. I actually took this layout idea from a magazine, and tweeked it to fit my photos and colors. True beauty. It was fun to have Cowgirl home in the Fall on a break. We saw her again at Christmas, and not since then, unless you count on TV. Just the day before Mother's Day I was sitting in the basement and just stopped what I was doing, thinking of how much I really miss having her home. Two minutes later she called. "Turn on ESPN. I'm on the third row." Clutching the phone, I run upstairs to change the channel there, and we all stare at the TV. The camera keeps flashing on the crowd, but not for long. "Stand up," I say, "so when the camera moves I can spot you easily." Just then, it moves directly on her row, up close, and there she is standing up, cell phone at her ear. "I see you," I cry, just in shock that this is happening so fast. "Okay, well, I'm going to watch the game now," she says, "I'll call you tomorrow." And just like that, my prayer I hadn't even uttered was answered. It was just a wishful desire of my heart. I got to see her. Its not the same as having her home, but its as close as I could get, especially on two minutes notice.
Back downstairs I went. I have photos of her. All over. A small punched out circle of her head from two Christmases ago is on my button shelf. She is my beautiful daughter. I love and miss her, but I can always see her. Still, it is better to see and hear her at the same time, and on ESPN, cell phone in hand, I could do that. I am blessed! It was a beautiful day.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: