Pages

Monday, June 1, 2009

Lessons Learned


Things I want to remember:
Playing outside for family night is one of my favorite ways to spend it, always has been, maybe always will. Tonight was baseball at the park and it was a perfectly beautiful night. We waited until the sun was just behind the trees and enjoyed an hour of twilight ball.
Pets are special gifts in an family. They bring excitement to see you and a warm body to snuggle. We love Alex. Everyone watches out for him. He is getting so big now! He's almost double the size you see here.
We make exceptions for people who we have long-standing relationships with. When there is trust and the benefit of the doubt and a mistake occurs, we can work around it, knowing that the intentions are unselfish and honest. To not do so is to severely hurt the relationship. Understanding and cooperation go a long ways. This is as true in the business world as it is with friends and family.
When I see something beautiful that I want to remember, I need to go get my camera right then and there. Stop everything and appreciate it before its gone.
Working in a garden is a labor of love. Pruning back beautifully growing plants because of space limiations is hard because I have loved each plant dearly, and hoped for the best for each one. Today I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I know its inevitable, but I'm letting it live for one more day. Garden photos coming soon. Its already two weeks old and the plants are getting big!

2 comments:

Breah said...

This is our second year doing a rather large garden and I feel your pain. I love every little thing that sprouts and it is so hard to wittle it back so that others can grow bigger. I mean really, how do you choose???
But I think in some "secret garden" kind of way they understand and enjoy being a garden.
Nice blog!!

Sparkle Mama said...

Those are all great things to remember :) Thanks for sharing!