Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

Cards, Cards, and More Cards




Finally, a creative post. Its been a busy week. I've missed being more creative.
Starting with the graduation cards I knew I needed to make, then there were thank-yous to send and one thing led to another, and I realized there are a lot of cards I need to send in the next little bit so when I found an hour here or there, I'd head to my desk and start creating.

LittleBuddy finished his regular baseball season on Sat. It was a good season for the Pirates, but he's struggled with hitting. However, this game he had two hits so he was happy. He's had a great coach. They've taken 2nd place overall so now its on to tournament play this coming weekend. I had to smile as he explained to the boys about what's coming next, "Now we're only playing for a pretty piece of plastic, but have fun and do your best and you'll feel good about it all when its over."

Anyhow, when I was making cards later that day I realized that creativity is a little like hitting the baseball too. Sometimes you create something you love so much, it feels like hitting a home run. Other times, you gave it all you got, and it only turned out to be a base hit, and other times I bunt, meaning a really simple card that shows very limited creativity but it gets the job done. And sometimes I strike out - when I rip off what I've just been working on, and think -What was I thinking??? It happens.
However, most of the time I'm having fun and in that moment in time, its the best I could come up with, and that's okay. I feel good just creating. Anyhow, I share them all - and feel like I'm 8-0 just for having got them done and ready when I need them.

All the stamp sets are from Close To My Heart except card 2 which is all Stampin-up. I found it in a "Card Holder" book I have, and realized I probably made it 6 or 7 years ago, but it still counts. Of course I added ribbon to it. I think ribbon is my signature, almost, but then again, I can't let my outlet bargains go to waste! This week I found the perfect recipient for the newly ribboned card and off it went. That card probably took me at least a half to make in the day. I probably made all of these in less than 15 min. each. My style is simpler these days. The patterned papers are from: Close To My Heart, K&Co., BoBunny, and DieCutsWithAView.











No comments: