Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Life Lessons


He's happily employed, wearing a black apron and hat with the words, "Subway" on front. (I need to take a picture of that, I keep forgetting.) However, no truer words were spoken when on day three he came home and said, "This is my motivation to do well in college." Go, boy! I love it when my children learn life lessons so quickly! Then, on his day off, "I'm bored." He's going to love college life!

Since last Friday, its been all about baseball, except Sunday and again tonight. Another game tomorrow, and if the team wins, Mon. its the championship. And the best news of all, after all season being in a batting slump LittleBuddy found his bat. Actually, its his coach's bat, but all of a sudden he can hit, just in time for the tournament. I mean, all the way to the back fence! I think I heard one of the dad's telling another dad that this bat is lighter, but whatever it is - We're all amazed. His coach gave him the game ball on Saturday. His teammates are thrilled and he is just quietly pleased. Win or lose this weekend, it's been a good season. Last week he said, "Do I have to keep going?" That very day, his hit came back. He's learned what happens when you don't give up and he gained some confidence too. Isn't life like that?




This has been a great week for me. One of the blessings I have prayed the most for, came to pass this week. And, one of life's challenges passed me by this week. And, after being taught patience and faith one more time, I am asking myself, Will I ever learn this lesson adequately enough so that I don't have to keep repeating it? Probably not, but I'm grateful still for the chances to keep practicing. Life is good!

No comments: