Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween!

It used to be that I had Halloween costumes planned by early October. Somehow as the children have gotten older I have gotten out of that mindset, I think assuming that if we talked about it early on it would be sufficient to execute on the day of. . . what was I thinking?

Our ward's Trunk or Treat was last night. In the morning, MyGirl declared she was going to be a black cat like she was when Cowgirl was with her two years ago. However, in all our decluttering, apparently the ears and tail were part of the "donations," so around 2pm she decided to be a Nestle Crunch bar. We had to be out of the house at 6 and I didn't have Little Buddy's outfit completely done yet either, though I had found the hat which he couldn't. So, its not great, but that's what an unwillingness to go to the store, and buy something you already donated costs when you're short on time. In the end, though, she won an award, so she was happy - "Most Crunchiest."



Originally wanting to be a spy wearing all back and a ski mask to cover his head, he changed into an FBI agent, when we realized we already had a hat, a T-shirt and a lanyard with "FBI" written on them. The Cricut came in handy to create the letters for the back of his sweat jacket, and yes, I realized the F was a little crooked, but since he proceeded to lie down on the sofa following his photo shoot, and they became all wrinkly and ripped, I made another set, and they looked fine. Another friend was also an agent, only wearing shorts, and did I feel sorry for him. It was so cold last night, I had a quilt over my lap to hand out the candy, which saved me.

Finally, since Cowgirl keeps asking me to show her the new kitchen countertops, here we are-
Faux Granite for about 15% of the price of real granite.

No comments: