Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Progress

Today -
Little Buddy is 12. We've spent most of the day inseparable - Love it!
Yesterday when I told him I'd make him any kind of cake he wanted for his
birthday he said, okay, just don't wreck it. I smiled. He's been spoiled by Costco
cakes for the past couple of years, but I know how to bake a cake, even at high altitudes.
He loved his German Chocolate Cake with Breyer's Natural Vanilla Ice Cream. Is there
a better store bought vanilla? I love this one so much! Too much, I think.
Since its also a snow day for the second year in a row we've been able to spend the day playing Wii, going shopping, even when its only one degree above zero, and and snuggling together on the couch or my bed - our current stationery position - me on my laptop, he with his DSi.
Can't believe he's going to be a Deacon this Sunday. Where did the days go?

Painting is finished on my house. We've had John here for nine days. He's become like family. He's so very good at details and so very nice. We'll miss him, but more work will happen in the unpacking department and that is a good thing. Boxes are slowly but surely moving outside. My house feels almost brand new.

We haven't had seminary for the last week and a half. Who knew Colorado could have so many snow days? Or a bishop from California who thinks if there's snow on the roads, there should be no seminary. But, temperatures should be returning to the 40's and 50's soon, so seminary will return again soon too.

Progress is fast when seen as a child's birthday and slow in other areas, but it is always coming. I am thankful for it.

No comments: