Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

FINALLY - Pictures

Now that we own the house, and I'm there every day I have some photos. I know I'm slow. No excuses. Forgive me.

This probably shows best the color we have just had the majority of the upstairs painted.
It's called Toasted Cashew. Its made by Behr, but our painter uses Kwal Howell. He used two coats over the green that was previously here. This is the dining room. My favorite part is how it contrasts with the crown molding.

Here is the Spring Garden that has now been replaced. Love the blank area where the seller's entertainment center was, highlighting all the colors previously attempted.
This color is actually called Knot, by Kwal Howell. It is just like Toasted Cashew. I thought there would be a contrast, but there isn't really, and its okay. We'll be using Rafia Cream by Behr to offer contrast in the rest of the upstairs, but what you're seeing is Knot. The light diffuses it because the right side of this room is all picture windows, but it looks like it matches the dining room. However, this room doesn't have crown molding, and I think it needs it, so add that to the list of projects for 2011. And, replacing the fan. And covering the spackle on the fireplace to stone. . . lots of projects ahead.
The kitchen when it was green.
Not a very good picture, but this was as the painter was painting other parts of the kitchen. Its more restful, and will look good with my red dishes above the cabinets.
What goes in must come out. I'm going to be busy next week.
Hopefully it will become the heart of the home again. I miss my kitchen. I miss cooking. I miss eating home-cooked food.
Miss my friends. This one I owe big. She sent me the money for my house. Its a long story, but it involved powers of attorney, several calls to my bank manager, etc. It was a stressful Thursday, and she made it a wonderful Friday. Thank you!

No comments: