Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Climbers

The past week LittleBuddy has been gone with our neighbors from Maryland. With all the fires, plans were changed from hanging around here all week to them taking our boy to Moab, UT. They had a great time climbing the rocks around Arches and Canyonlands while we were home.  I was quilting, organizing and trying to stay sane . . . just one of those weeks.

One of the highlights was finally capturing this photo of a bluebird, perched on my roof. Love this color blue and am happy every time I see them.
So, after leaving last Tuesday, they all came back yesterday, wearing their souvenir tee-shirts and hats. The last two days they spent at Rocky Mountain National Park, thus their shirts proclaim, "I Made It To The Top."
To finish our neighbor's Colorado vacation, we showed them our much smaller scale red rocks at Garden of the Gods. LittleBuddy had called me up during his trip and told me he now loved rock climbing as was "an expert," his exact words :-)
At the Air Force Academy he got himself a snow hat, so he's now wearing that constantly. My boy and his hats . . . makes me smile. Just being himself.
Pretending to be holding up Balancing Rock.
Finding new places to explore.
They kind of disappeared from view for a while. This is what we saw instead - a cute mule deer just walked in front of us.

The boys were up and down, exploring, and being boys, and feeling the joy of being out in nature. Glad to have him home again but glad he had a great week too!

Oh, and I thought I had a picture of the quilted table runner I made, but alas, No. But, I have four more waiting to be finished, so I'll be making more and take more photos later.


No comments: