Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Happy 25th

25 years ago I was married. Here. In Southern California. To MyMike.


I can't find a lot of photos of us today. This one was taken by one of our kids three years ago on the 4th of July, but I think its a fitting photo since today is a day of celebration. Unfortunately, as sums up too much of our marriage, once again I am sick. With a bug, that is making me feel like a truck ran over me. From the beginning this has been a challenge we have faced, over and over, sicknesses of one kind or another. There have been other challenges too, but somehow we just keep forging forward and along the way there have been great celebrations and joy and happiness too.

For a couple that loves and was introduced through music, we realized a few years ago that we didn't really have a song what was "ours." So, we both thought about it for a couple of days, and came up with a couple that we agreed are "us." This year I'd like to add Nat King Cole's, "Our Love Is Here To Stay." Today we remember how good it is that we found each other, and  recommit to "forever and a day. . . for our love is here to stay."

No comments: