Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Patience

Thanks for your patience with this blog of mine! I've been working on quilting my latest quilt. . . I showed you the almost finished quilt a couple of months ago. . . well I've finally been free-motion quilting at my mom's this week and last. . . hopefully tomorrow that part is done, then just the binding. . . Pictures coming when its all done.

On the homefront, Littlebuddy and I performed in church yesterday with a viola/piano duet of "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing." It was his first time up front, almost like soloing, and he really did a great job in spite of how nervous he told me he felt. . . so  prepared he was.

MyGirl sent in her last math test last week. That is HUGE!  We've been working on this class for a good eighteen months, but she did it! She stuck it out and finally finished. We had to go out to celebrate on Friday.

It was Littlebuddy's last YMCA basketball game on Saturday and they won! LittleBuddy made some great rebounds which were key and scored too. Every member of the team scored, so that was nice for all of them. Then that same night our high school, where LittleBuddy will go next year, won the state basketball championship for the second year in a row!  

BigBuddy's latest medicine has been working well for the past six weeks - Big Blessings! He loves the college life, and we're glad he's so happy there.

My good friend from high school lost both his parents last week when his nephew killed them after these grandparents threw him a party upon being released from jail and let him stay with them . . . maybe you read about it. . . it made national news. . . so very tragic. I hadn't seen his parents since I was nineteen years old. It caused me to think a lot ever since hearing the news about my high school years, and how grateful I was to spend time with their family regularly, and have so many good memories with them. They were good people. Their son was one of my best friends and was my prom date and good buddy through college too. The only real consolation is that they went together. It still just hurts my heart to think about this family that is truly in mourning.

Cowgirl is on a month long business trip all by herself. . .  Her company knows how capable she is as a trainer but I just wish she was there with a group, not on her own. She just finished another 5K and is continuing to exercise and eat herself thin. . . so proud of her continuous efforts. . . this is real determination and perseverance.

MyMike is dealing with a lot at work. Last week he was on travel. Over the weekend he enjoyed some more composing.  We still enjoy working with the Webelos on Wednesdays and I'm still doing Compassionate Service.

Hopefully the quilt will be finished by the end of the week and I'll have some pics to post.





No comments: