Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Latest Happenings

Just over a week ago we had our Blue and Gold dinner for Webelos. The theme was Outer Space, and our Cubmaster made it fabulous! All the boys painted rockets which the Bear leaders made and then they got to "fly" them on the wire course. These rockets had a straw on the backsides. You can see, Mike, above, taking a rocket, then he'll put the end wire through the straw and at the word "Go," send it down the wire. . . 


 ...You can see it better down this direction. One is already at the finish line and the others are coming. The boys all loved it! It was a very nice dinner, a fun activity and our Webelos earned lots of awards, so we were happy!
I finally finished my Reunion chevron baby quilt. Karla Eisenach, the owner and designer, with her two daughters, of Sweetwater fabrics, was our guest speaker at quilt guild on Thursday, so I was motivated to get it done in time to share that night. It was interesting to learn how she began, with just $50 and four pattern ideas, to becoming a major designer for Moda. I put a red binding on the quilt and love the bright pop of color against the blue and white back.


 I learned that all of Sweetwater fabrics have one fabric with lots of words on them.  This fabric I chose, however, has years, not words. Lots of them, and its been fun for my children and I to look and see if our birth years are included. So far we've found everyone in the family except for mine and MyGirl's. . . oh well. . . this will probably be for Cowgirl"s or Bigbuddy's baby someday.


 Last week I also made another banner. This one says Easter. From a distance, the chipboard lettering I used is a little small, but when you're sitting in my living room, it shows up just fine. 

 Here's a close up of the details. I used all Close To My Heart products here, some brand new, and others very much retired. I love that they sell fabric this year. The yellow polka dot fabric just seemed to go perfectly here. I also felt the need to add a little glitter around the edge of the pink paper. It all shows up better in real life.  I realized that on my shopping site - sumscrapbook.ctmh.com, these chipboard banners are on sale for $2.75 While Supplies Last. . . Check it out if you're interested. They come with 8 chipboard pieces per package and are nice and sturdy to cover and embellish.
 We're having a blizzard again today.  It finally feels like we really live in Colorado now. This is the third big storm in the past three weeks. Fortunately, the last two days were in the 50's and 60's so its melted quickly. I like that it doesn't feel like we've been hammered with cold all winter either. Quite the opposite really. We enjoy the variety, we get lots of sunshine, and chances to just stay home and cancel all the appointments of life and relax together are always appreciated.

No comments: