Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Honey Lemon Soother

My friend left the following at my front door last week:
this white mug, a whole lemon, a jar of honey, and some cough drops.
It was all wrapped up cute and had a tag attached.

 Here is what the directions said:
Boil water. Wash lemon and cut in half. Squeeze juice from lemon half into mug and place juiced peel into the mug. Pour a generous serving of honey over the peel. Carefully pour boiling water into the mug and allow to steep for ten minutes. Remove lemon peel and seeds. Stir to add honey to taste. Feel Better.
I made it twice last week and it was wonderful. What a sweet friend and I'm glad to be feeling much better this week than I was. Being compassionate is always a creative act, and this week I was the blessed recipient of a sweet friend's thoughtfulness. I'm going to remember this and do the same for someone else. The best creativity should be passed on, don't you think?

I wanted to add something else cute I saw from Pinterest . . . love that site a little too much, I do.
This sums up my entire quilting experience:
                        Keep Calm and Get The Seamripper

I'm working on the design for a new quilt this week. My mom doesn't understand why I don't want to use a pattern. I do have some patterns I really want to make, but this idea is just under my skin and I'm compelled to create it. . . . When I get the design finished and start the cutting and sewing I'll show you. First, though, I've got a zipper to put into a pair of capris that have been sitting in my basket for too long, and MyGirl's scrapbook to catch up on. . . so many projects, so little time, always! A creative mind is never really at rest.


No comments: