Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Graduation Cards and Organizing

Well, the pantry is done and has stayed totally organized for almost two weeks! Shocking I know. 
We took (MyGirl and I) all the small boxes or bags that don't close tight after you open them and put them in quart size canning cars and labeled them including directions on how to cook them if we knew we didn't have that info in our heads. Helpful, looks a lot better, and will be more healthy.  
Cost: FREE (canning jars just sitting in boxes waiting to be used)

 We also went to the DollarTree and got little white wash bins to group like items. We got 8. I learned I had duplicates of some items because I couldn't see clearly when I already had one. Now its easy to see what's needed when I go to the store, and even easier to put it all away when I get home because everything has its place. I also got 2 mesh baskets at Michaels on sale. I use those for potatoes and snacks.
                                   Cost:  $14.80 plus tax
                                          Mesh baskets $3.40 each
                                           Dollar Tree $8

Nothing fancy. Not even Pin worthy, but does the job for cheap. I just wish I'd done it a long time ago!

A friend asked me to help come up with some cards for the upcoming graduation of her twins. Here are some I either already had lying around or made up quickly to give her an idea of stamps I have. I find I'm having a hard time putting a lot of energy into my paper projects anymore. Unless I really want to express my love for someone with a card, I'm just whipping them out as fast as I can. Quilting on the other hand . . . I spent over an hour yesterday with MyGirl discussing patterns and fabrics for a quilt I want to make for her birthday in a little over six weeks. Fortunately she likes modern design, which makes the pattern fairly simple and I already have most of the fabrics I want. We're heading out to quilt stores tomorrow to pick out a few more and a back. Fun times in store!!!






1 comment:

Diane Jaquay said...

All of these graduation cards are lovely, very clean designs which I love!