Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

New Bedding



 Do you remember this quilt I finished last January? It was too big for a baby quilt and I didn't really have anyone who needed a nice lap size quilt, so I hung it over my railing and have enjoyed its bright colors all Spring. My husband expressed the most interest in it.
So, I think its the perfect addition to my new Spring/Summer bedspread. After ten years it was time for a little change. The older one is staying for Fall/Winter, but change is always nice. I found a pillow down in the basement family room that went perfect with both quilts, so that was nice to shop my own house. This picture shows a more accurate blue color. The one below came out too grey when I photographed it.

Pairing the modern colors of the quilt with the damask pattern of the quilted bedspread just feels good to me.  A good balance of modern and tradition. I like that. And, hubby likes it on our bed too. Win!

No comments: