Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

I Love Conference

It's lovely to be watching Conference at 10 am again. Growing up, we could only watch the Sunday am session at 9am, with nothing available in the afternoon or on Sat., and for the last twelve years we've started watching it at noon, so 10 just seemed wonderful. It's perfect for working around meals and having a good day, not squished on either end, if that makes sense.

Its not a tradition, but I usually make something good for breakfast, and today it was waffles. I used up the last of the Trader Joe's mix. . . will miss that! We had leftover whipped cream from the chocolate cake, so LittleBuddy thought that'd be delicious, and it was, on top of the maple syrup. (Clearly he likes it a LOT - Lol!) I used up all our strawberries but that would have made it even better.



For lunch I tried out Pioneer Women's Olive Cheese Bread.
Everyone was excited for it, but it was just too cheesy for me, and I didn't even come close to using a whole pound of cheese like it called for. I did like the olives and green onions, but probably won't make it again. Still, it was all devoured, so it certainly wasn't bad.



Yesterday was 78 degrees. Today, the wind blew something fierce, and brought this to our neighborhood. Its deeper now, but this was taken shortly after it started. We haven't seen any snow in a while. Now we're hoping for a 2 hour delay tomorrow.

My favorite part of the day, and in fact the weekend, however, was listening to the words of the prophets, apostles, and other general leaders. I heard a message I know I needed, and was grateful for the spirit that was present, which I felt throughout. I can't say I had a favorite, but several I loved. It was especially sweet to have my youngest son go with his dad to the Priesthood session, and also for all of us to hear the Prophet speak about the temple, as that is what he spoke about last Sept. when we had the chance to speak to him in person. It seemed like a reminder to our family that the message hasn't changed, that is still the most important thing for us to be focused on. I'm excited that we get to take BigBuddy through for the first time when he gets his mission call sometime this month.

No comments: