Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Latest work

Snow days means more time to squeeze in creativity than normal. I needed a little inspiration, so opened up Scrapbooks Etc. magazine, saw a cute baby page, then with much modification created this remembrance. . . . an activity my children and I participated in last Sept. to turn our dying front entry into a more welcoming entry. An authentic 12 x 12. It felt good to return to my roots :)

To see the details, just click on the photo. My favs: stitching, stamping and sponging on the chipboard, and ,of course, seeing my boys so happy to help!
Product: Patterned paper, Wild Asparagus; Cardstock, ribbon, ink, chipboard, StarStruck Acrylix stamp, Friendship Alpha Acrylix, CTMH; Buttons, TAC and Foo-fa-la; other; stitching

And this is what that same entry area looked like this week.


I also promised to post some Valentine's photos, so here are a couple. I really like to complete the whole card in 5 minutes, which is how long the "especially for you" card took. It uses the new That's Amore paper pack - love the new Tulip color, a more raspberry red than we had before, and matched with Chocolate brown, its Delicious! A little blush pink for accent, and Yum Yum. Sponged the edges of the cream cardstock with Tulip ink and distressed the edges. . . til I die, that'll be one of my favorite techniques. I adore texture!

All products: CTMH Colors: Blush, Tulip, Chocolate

I love this bright Valentine. Okay, pulling the linen fibers off the heart, is not fast. It's even frustrating sometimes getting the rows off without getting stuck on each other, but I LOVE the look, and in truth it only takes about 5 minutes to do it. The secret, I found, is to keep the linen stickstock on its backing paper, peeling back just as you need it. That seems to keep the fibers more behaving, and less stress on my hands feeling all sticky. Putting it together took less than a minute. Using a glue pen that goes on blue and dries clear was perfect for adhering the clear button. MyGirl will love these bright, vibrant colors. They're the colors of her room, and bring white to life! You can't see the tone on tone stamping on the ocean blue background cardstock, but its there, in spite of my less-than-perfect camera skills. Ric-rac is so 1970, but when I use it in creating things, its just fun. Both cards use hearts from the Heartfelt My Acrylix and the hearts are popped up for another layer.All products: CTMH Colors: White, Ocean, Watermelon, and Citrus Leaf Also: Alfresco Acrylix stamp

2 comments:

Cowgirl at Heart said...

Mom! Your whole blog is so adorable I had to make one too! Sadly however, I cannot figure out how to make a cute nonstandard layout like yours. I never thought I'd ask this but share your technical skills with me! :) Love you.

Joni said...

Hi Carolyn! It was so fun to see you pop up on my comments page. Is that an Oahu picture? It's funny to think that you know exactly where I am right now. Don't think I'm up for snorkeling with turtles yet, but maybe in a year I'll be ready:) I'll be scrolling through your site and catching up. This is fun!