Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Day to Create


Finally, a day to create!
It has been so long to wake up knowing that this is the day designated for fun crafty projects! Of course, there were antecedents and possessive pronouns to encounter first thing, but after that . . . Fun!
Baby blankets were first on the agenda. Our ward is growing with little cherubic cheeks so I wanted to be ready for them. Next was an Enrichment project - Ikea frames painted Black with scrapbooking paper and white vinyl spelling JOY. Fast, easy, and inexpensive. I'll be personally making plenty for the holidays. We're offering this at our Christmas Craft night.
Next was a lovely homemade dinner. The nights I teach piano I usually put something in the crock pot or whip something up quick. We're certainly not starving, but its nice to take the time to really cook and bake. Tonight's menu - chicken and rice. I ignored my standard recipe and played with spices and seasonings and it all was yummy. We added vegetables and it was comfort food time. . . Love it!
Tonight I've been working on family Christmas gifts. I can't say too much now, but wait until after the holidays for all my postings. MyMike's heading to see his family in a few weeks so I thought I'd send their presents with him and save on shipping so I needed to get started. Keeping it heartfelt and homemade - my favorite gifts to give! I know I feel the love when I unwrap a homemade gift, so tonight was my first offering to those I love. I can't wait to do this again soon!

No comments: