Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

Remember where you were. . . .





Do you remember where you were on July 9 this year? How about when you heard the news of the World Trade Center bombings? I'll never forget. When I scrapbooked that time in our life a few months later, though, I realized that life had moved on. As traumatic as that day in our life felt, the next day, the sun still came up. I still made dinner. The children still went to school. MyMike still went to work. Life went on and here we are eight years later. My sense of living a more creative life has grown in the last eight years. I think its because I realized very clearly on 9-11 that on a perfectly lovely day, the world can suddenly change for the worse, never to be the same again. Yes, life moved on, but today I thought of the 10,000 children who lost their parents that day. Their lives have gone on too, but they've been left with the knowledge that their parent was killed because of hate. My heart still aches for them. They experienced a much greater loss than what I experienced that day. To take the moments we get and not take them for granted, is an important lesson I learned that day. I am grateful that in 2009, my children will remember the events of July 9 better than Sept. 11. To make the most of each day is living the creative life.

In 15 minutes increments over the past couple of weeks, I created eight pages of our summer camping experiences. I used CTMH Back Country paper pack, Cricut Plantain Cartridge for the titles, and Pewter and New England Ivy embellishments, Twill,and Natural Hemp. (Double click on the photos to see the details, if you like.)

No comments: