Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy 2nd Day of the New Year!



Vacation is finally coming to an end. It seems like ever since Shaena got here, all we've done is sleep in, stay up late, make messes, clean them up way after we should have, make food, eat food, play games, play wii, play foosball, watch TV, watch movies, sing karaoke, shop a little here or there, eat out and laugh. . . a true break from reality! Getting back is going to be hard, trust me!

I thought I'd scrapbook at least a little, but not at all. The closest I came was putting together calendars for my family before Christmas and ordering pics to be developed.


Now, the new year is already upon us. Some people contemplate their goals, give a lot of time to thinking about how they want to improve, but that's just not where I'm at. Until now I haven't given it much thought. Of course things will change. They always do. I could never have predicted last January 2 how differently things would be for me this Jan. 2. I think I have just naturally taken the approach to live each day in the present and do what I can do when I can do it. Its not too complicated. Life is busy. Every day somebody needs my time and attention. Mental illness is part of my every day life. Every day there are challenges. Every day there is something new I can improve on and learn to do better. If I can just stick with the basics, and do what I can to the best I can with each moment that I have, then that's all I can do. No new resolutions, no new approach or plan. Help point others to Christ, come to Him more fully and offer up my will more for His, love others more with His love, replenish my well with the basics and repent daily - that's the plan, nothing new, just a sincere gratitude that I'm alive and get to try again this year to do it better - whatever comes my way. . . and that's the creativity of life - we just never know what's ahead, do we? But whatever we make out of it, is the way we create our lives - for the opportunity to do it again another year, for that I'm truly thankful!

No comments: