Pages

Friday, December 25, 2009

White Christmas


With all the snow (24 inches in 24 hours) last weekend, it made for a beautiful white Christmas in Maryland. Today was cloudy, and I never even made it outside. This picture was taken on Sunday afternoon, already 5 days ago, but there's plenty of snow left. Below are pictures taken of our backyard. Everyone made snow caves.


It was a very merry Christmas here. I don't know why LittleBuddy was up so many times in the night, but I had to have my first nap before 10 in the morning. We got several games and have had a great time playing them all. We talked to all our grandparents and cousins and felt the peace and joy of just being together.
On Wednesday evening our neighbor passed away. She was just a few months older than me. Steven had helped to dig her car out of the snow Sat. evening around 6.Her husband had come to help her get home and at 8:30 that night she had gone into cardiac arrest and never woke up. Our hearts grieve for her husband and two sons still at home. It made us all realize that just being together is gift enough.
It is great to have Shaena back at home again. She's already treated us to her fabulous homemade salsa and been a great help in getting the house put back together after it all came unraveled Christmas morning. For breakfast, she had the idea to make a pizza with crescent rolls as the base. On top we put grated bake potatoes, grated cheddar and mozzarella, 9 eggs, and some crispy bacon. We baked it at 375 or 30 min. and it was great. The only thing we would add next time would be a bunch of diced green onions. Still, we loved it. It went great with our cinnamon rolls.


She gave me a Willow Tree statue of a mother and daughter, titled Chyrsalis. It says - to protect and cherish and give wings to fly. It made me cry. Being a mother is the only job I've ever wanted and to have my daughter appreciate me being her mother is a blessing to my heart and soul.
We're looking forward to some crafting time tomorrow. Tonight we're still recovering from her arrival after midnight and staying up until 2am talking, then little brother keeping the whole household up on Christmas Eve. We'll sleep well tonight and tomorrow, more time to play. I am so blessed to have this family. At Christmas time I thank the Lord for his plan for eternal families. Without Him, none of this would be possible. With Him, all things are possible.

No comments: