Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Basketball

Last week of basketball. It got a little intense last week, three afterschool games, but I go to them all.
He's the one closest to us, with the orange stripe in his shorts. Isn't he getting tall? I think he's growing about an inch a month. I had to buy him new Sunday pants again last week and I have to look up to him when we have a conversation on his way out the door.
He has made some shots and he's had games where he's shotless. (Is that a word? My computer doesn't think so.) He likes it best when he makes his shots, but even when he doesn't, he still likes to be there after school.  It gets him playing with his friends, keeping busy, being physical, which I'm convinced all boys need, and having fun. Its most fun when he plays against his friends. Afterwards they text each other for a half hour about their shots and others' and who's really good and they tease each other. Typical boy stuff.
This is an intramural league, and so far, he's only lost one game. A couple of their wins were really close. Last week one went into double overtime!  Anyhow, Its been great and I think he'll be sad its coming to an end. His buddies are joining Track and Field which starts after Spring Break. He can't decide if he wants to run that much. We'll see.

No comments: