Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Beautiful Skies

I have so much to post, but its already after 10:30 my time and I'm tired, so this is a sampling of the last couple of weeks in my life.

Today I'm just going to share the skies. They have been moving me and inspiring me with gratitude all week.

We spent the last week in Newport Beach.
Love, Love, Love, this part of S. California!!!

We had a wonderful time. Thanks to Aunt Jan for introducing this resort to my parents, and to my parents for inviting us to join them there. Quite hard to leave. Seriously.
These next four pictures were all taken on different days and at different times, either in Laguna or Newport.





These next four pictures are from Colorado. Love this place too!  The bottom one is a side view of Pike's Peak. The first three are recent photos, and that one is from last summer. Since "America the Beautiful," feels like the theme song for where I live, it just felt appropriate to add it in.


I had a humbling conversation with the clerk at Trader Joe's on Thursday. (Yes, it was bliss to go there again. We went twice! Yay! And all my glass bottles made it home safely in my suitcase, even after TSA inspected them. Double yay!) I felt the need to explain that I was stocking up because I don't live close to a Trader Joe's anymore, and when he found out I was from CO he said, "Everyone thinks its so beautiful to live by the ocean, but I think it would be beautiful to live by the mountains too." He'd never been able to see the Rockies. He only knew what it was like to live by the ocean. I told him that both were beautiful but in different ways. I realized how blessed I have been in my life, to live by both the water and the mountains. I have gotten to sample some pretty amazing skies and they continue to inspire me. We live on such a beautiful earth! O Beautiful for spacious skies!

No comments: