Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Indoor Activities

When its cold outside we find indoor things to do. Last week we had a day off of school which was surprising because they'd just had President's Day and a teacher workday and then yesterday they had another teacher work day. So, the kids have been home a lot.
 MyGirl decided to do small braids all over her head last week. She and I put them in and spritzed her hair with water and let them dry for 24 hours. This is what they looked like the next day. Cool! But, she hated the front, so I'm forbidden to show that picture.
 I made buttermilk bread in the bread machine and it turned out at this altitude. Yeah! As you can see the loaf was half eaten by the time I took pictures. It was yummy. Then yesterday I learned how to make homemade whole wheat bread at this altitude.

Right now I'm taking a break from my "filing project." Yes, the one I've been putting off for 13 months. I started two days ago. I don't think I'll be done for a couple of weeks, but the first drawer is half of what it used to be, and this is good. Very good! And, as you can see, after two days, I have now found other ways to procrastinate even while I'm in the middle of it, like blogging, going to quilt guild and bread making.

We've seen horses out behind us recently. A fun change from the cattle, though they're all mixed in with each other and don't seem to mind. 

Littlebuddy is now a basketball player. He's had two games and loves it. However, the photos I took of the first game, he forbid me to put online. The second game he made 5 points and one was even a hook shot, but I forgot the camera that day. Of course! And, I'm still behind in learning how to download from my phone, which is in constant need of being changed. How smart is a phone if it can't even hold a charge longer than 24 hours? I have my doubts. No smarter than I am, clearly. Last night, while I filed, he watched TV, in a football jersey, because that's just the way we are. Equal opportunity sports wearers.

So, while its been cold and we've had some more snow, I can't complain - Those poor folks in the Midwest with all those tornadoes. Last I heard 78 in one day. Scary stuff. So sad for all the families who lost loved ones. Life is so fragile. Gotta just keep loving the ones we're with every day.

No comments: