Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Dotty For You

Easter was a sweet day for our family. My parents were the main speakers at church and shared beautiful and inspiring messages. However, let me say, it is quite difficult to sing following your mother's testimony!! Afterwards, dinner and just talking and being together was wonderful. I only wish all of my children could have been there, but they were remembered. Cowgirl misses being with us a lot too. We need a remedy for the holidays soon! BigBuddy is doing well in Brazil and he wrote today telling us how wonderful it was to be a missionary at Easter time. So, while we miss our grown children, we are grateful their lives are productive and meaningful and that we can communicate our love to them whether they're 500 miles or 6000 miles away!

I made a few cards on Saturday using the Dotty For You paper packet.  Its the new special from Close To My Heart available April 17 - May 30.  There are 24 papers, with each one having small polka dots on the back. I LOVE polka dot paper, so of course I've been playing with it. I love the great variety of patterned papers too. I only used a few here, and in truth, I'm saving my favorite patterns for future projects I have in mind, but I do love all these colors and think they are perfect for anything Spring related!


The first card is for my youngest daughter's upcoming birthday. I'm taking her horse back riding, which I know she's been wanting to do for a while, thus the shape of the rhinestones.
This card I'm going to hand deliver to a friend who has been sad. I thought some flowers would cheer her up. She's crafty so I think she'll like the rolled paper flowers.
This card I have yet to determine the sentiment or the recipient, but its definitely going to someone I love.

Sometimes life just gives us  cloudy days, and I think getting a homemade card will hopefully remind this person I'm thinking of sending this one to that love is the silver lining through everything.
This last card I am saving also. I think I know who its for, but I may change my mind. That's part of the fun of making cards, thinking about who you are going to give it to, or who you could give it to, and that just fills your heart with warm happy thoughts. No wonder I like to make cards.


This is the entire paper pack. Its available to customers starting April 17, and only costs $5 with any $35 order. That's as good a price as anything you could get at your local craft store, and this is cardstock quality. . . the good stuff! Plus, there is a great Stamp of the Month available too for only $5 if you place a $50 order.  Since stuff collecting isn't something I really want to do, what I like best about paper is that its consumable. Its like perfectly ripe fruit in season. You know you'll use it, you know you'll love it, and you know its only available during this time, so you get it and when its everything you hoped it would be you are so glad you got it. If the patterns weren't great, the dots would be enough for me, but with patterns like this too, its sure to be a great addition to a lot of projects. I've got more in mind!!! Stay tuned! 

My new newsletter is out too. Not sure why it only got sent to 36 customers, instead of to everyone, ( I think its an intial company glitch, but if you're interested, let me know and I'll see what I can do to make it happen for May.) However, you can see more cute ways to use this paper packet at my new website. Did you know there are a lot of online video tutorials as well as more crafty inspiration? Its under the Inspiration button at CTMH TV - Enjoy!!!
http://sumscrapbook.ctmh.com 
 

No comments: