Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Happy Easter

Just as we were buckling our seat belts in the driveway yesterday, MyGirl said to me, "Easter really is the most important thing, isn't it?" I responded, "Yes, you could say that," somewhat surprised this was what she was thinking about, as we had been talking about something totally different when we were walking out to the car. And she quickly reasoned, "Its because Jesus died that we get to return back to heaven and live with our families someday, isn't it?" "Yes," I added, "We celebrate Christmas because of Jesus' resurrection and Atonement that all happened in the Spring." She thought about that for a second, "Then I guess Easter and Spring is really the best time of year too," she said. And, I agree. I love all the seasons. I love Thanksgiving and Christmas and the 4th of July, but Easter is the most sacred of all holidays, and I feel grateful my daughter really understands that too.

 I promised I'd post some more creative things. Sorry its taken me all week to put them up. Here are some  Easter cards. I wasn't thinking early enough to get any Easter cards sent out, but these will be hand delivered to some loved ones tomorrow. ( I know its confusing when my post says its already Sunday, but that's because my computer is two hours ahead of me. Its still Sat. night as I write.)

It snowed last week on the day my friends, the Bushman's, were coming to visit us from Maryland. Fortunately they made it here safely and we had a fun afternoon and dinner before they flew onto San Francisco for more fun. The week before, while we were in CA, it was almost 80 degrees here, so everything is blooming, the hill behind us is green, and I'm loving all the flowers.
 This photo was taken a couple of days ago. Now all our tulips are in bloom and the purple flowers on the ground cover have filled that little spot. I'm feeling grateful that the homeowner before us that planted this area.
I picked up these lovely tulips, however, from the store. I just don't want to cut any of my own when they are the only thing giving the front yard some color. My dear friend became a grandma for the first time this week. Tulips are her favorites and I always think of her when I see them. Three different friends had new babies this week. I'm excited for them all. The world also lost some good people recently. Both of my daughters have friends that have lost family members, and the inspiring painter, Thomas Kincaid, have all moved on, too young. While I trust in God's perfect timing for life and death, its still sad for those who loved them, and makes the promises of Easter all the more precious.
We're going to my parents' for Easter dinner. My mom wanted to host it this year, which is fun. Its been many, many years since I was at her house on Easter Sunday, but I still wanted to decorate our dining room table.  I don't do a lot of decorating for most holidays, usually just this table and my metalic tree downstairs which is currently covered with speckled eggs.  Light blue has become my newest favorite decorating color. I wanted to paint a wall this color, then saw the look on my husband's face when I suggested it. The very next day I was shopping and realized it would be a lot less time and expense and mess to just add color with a tablecloth in the exact color I love, Robin's Egg Blue, and it was even on sale, plus, I had a coupon, so I'm enjoying it immensely. MyMike is happy I'm so happy with it too :-)

I love this season of growth and renewal and pretty colors, but mostly I love that Jesus Christ created this beautiful earth, then came to earth and lived and died for all of us so we can return to live with Him again, and be reunited with those we love. And THAT really is the most important thing! Happy Easter Everyone!







No comments: