Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Little Bit of Creativity


You know that I like simplicity. And I needed a bunch of cards to thank all the people who help me with my current church assignment. I'm in charge of the compassionate service, which means I organize and help where I can, but in truth, things don't happen without the help of others - many others. So I feel the need to say "Thanks" to all those who do.

These cards are very simple. A small 3/4 inch strip of paper across the bottom. A larger 3 x 2 matted main frame, where I stamped Thankful. A small stamp on the lower right that while it isn't the same font, is cursive and it works. And a ribbon wrapped and tied around the whole thing. 

The other thing is, this is really just a postcard. I just cut these in quarters from a 8-1/2 x 11 and wrote on the back. Because the ribbon is sheer it doesn't cover the writing.  Its easy to make with any scrap patterned paper I have on hand. I'm going to be using this pattern for all my future thank you's. 




I have finished the last two table runners last week and have only the bindings to blind hem down and they're done. With all the doctor's appointments we go to, its a good project to put in a bag and bring with me while I'm waiting. I found that I enjoyed the machine quilting part more than I thought. I also don't mind hemming the binding. Something about a needle and thread is relaxing in its slow pace. The most challenging part was the tops, learning how to match points and keep it all straight. All the different patterns were good for me. I have some I definitely like more than others. Some were more successful than others, but overall its been a good project. And when I'm done - on to the baby blankets. I'm really excited about those!


No comments: