Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Quilting Projects

LittleBuddy is an 8th grader. Hard to believe these school years are flying by now. Only high school left after this and I'm an empty nester. . . seriously . . . flying!
Seven at the bus stop this year. We have the option of paying for the bus in our district now, either per ride or a yearly pass or driving to school. I opted for the yearly pass. Since the bus comes at 7:04, its a good time for me to exercise before getting my girl up at 8 to start the homeschooling day. Some days that's going better than others, both in regards to exercising and homeschooling, but Algebra Test 8 is ready to be sent out tomorrow. Hurrah! We've been working on it off and on all summer. Only three more Algebra tests to go. It will be a happy day for both of us when its done!
Our quilt guild's annual sale at the local high school craft show is in Oct. Turn in date for what we're contributing is next Thursday, and happily, I am done with the big table runners and am now working on some easy reversible place mats.
I think I'm keeping this one, below for me, but turning in the other three. I think I posted one I finished a month or so ago. I like star blocks, not that they're the easiest, but I just like stars. That bottom star was a challenge for me, but its done. I guess that's the biggest thing right now. I bought the fabric in 2006, left it for five years, and finally 2012 was the year it got done!
Yeah for completing UFO's!!!
Woops- - realized I took a picture of this placemat before it got quilted.  I know Christmas should probably be more red and green, but since these are patriotic Santas, and this is a military town, and I had the fabric on hand from I don't know when, I thought I'd use it up.
The next two are quilted randomly with a double seam around the edges. Loving how fast and easy these are. Felt lucky to find Easter fabric in August, but everything from here until Winter is already discounted at the craft stores. I guess Valentines will be up in a couple of weeks. . . .sheesh!
This is my favorite, summer and fall. The sunflower fabric was part of a guild giveaway earlier in the year, and this red autumn fabric I love. I'm keeping a set for using at my own table. When these are done, on to the baby blankets. They are calling my name. I don't know why, but I'm excited. May I someday have many grandchildren to wrap them up in love!

No comments: