Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Glass Frosting

This project has been on my list since I first saw the Cricut infomercial on TV. For our Relief Society craft night in November, the president wanted either a temple or a Christmas project, so I found these vinyl cutouts online. They were easy enough to stick on to the glass, then I took them out back and sprayed Glass Frosting. It comes in a spray can like spray paint. I just walked around both the mason jar and the vase. (Our committee wanted both choices.) Then I brought them in the house, carrying them from the insides, as it was getting ready to rain outside, and let them dry for over an hour. Then I peeled off the vinyl, and voila! Super easy, pretty economical. Really the possibilities are endless, and with my own vinyl and shapes on my cartridges, even more cost effective. At our committee meeting yesterday we wrapped the top of the canning jar with wire so you could hang it somewhere and it looked really cute too. Stick a candle inside, and create some ambience! Fun stuff.



Since you know LittleBuddy needs his lunch treats, I FINALLY found a chocolate chip cookie recipe that I can consistently make at this altitude! So tired of cookie fails!  I've made it two weeks in a row, gave away most of them this week, and the best part, both times they turned out just like this - perfect! Hurray! They pass the Littlebuddy good taste test too.
High Altitude Chocolate Chippers

1 cup butter
1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
1 1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 cups white wheat flour
1 cup chocolate chips - we used semi-sweet

Bake at 375 for at least 12 minutes.


No comments: