Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Card-Making in Three's

I had a number of birthdays and a BarMitzvah to make cards for this week. I started by cutting out three butterflies and picked three colors and it felt balanced. (The lower butterfly is yellow, but appears more muted in this photo than it is in real life.)
Then I moved onto three flowers with three buttons. Again, three colors and white as a the neutral.
I wanted to use up some of the chipboard that I had, so sponging ink in one color then using its next darker color around the edges seemed to dress it up adequately. White as the brads worked here too.
This card is actually 5 x 7 and uses more than three colors, but there are three main colors - white, watermelon pink and citrus leaf green. Then the insides of the flowers are sunny yellow, breeze blue and citrus green. Two sets of three, see? Loved the little sparkles between the flowers to bring it a little 3-D in real life.
Last, I used washi tape mounted on cardstock then cut into banners. Three banners, three colors (light green in the ribbon and the background of the banner square) and again, things feel balanced.

No comments: