Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Branson

Long time, no blogging, I know. I thought I'd share two cards I made in September. The first is rather simple, but I liked the colors. The cardstock is from a Project Life pack I found discounted somewhere. I know I wasn't going to buy more paper, but sometimes the temptation is just too much. It was a small pack, and the fact I'm using it up is a good thing.
The second is a card I gave my parents. I needed it to be more special because they do so much for me. Last week they watched over my family as MyMike and I went to celebrate our 25th anniversary in Branson in a timeshare they gave us.
This was where we stayed, the Timber View Lodge at the Lawrence Welk Resort. The setting was beautiful, the room itself was about 1300 sq. feet of gorgeous comfort, and we thoroughly enjoyed staying here. This was the view from our outside patio. We wondered if we would be the youngest people there, and in truth we met a couple celebrating their 50th anniversary, and saw several people older than us, but we also saw 20-somethings and families with kids too. Really, its just a place for people who love music.
We flew into Tulsa and rented a car, and while we were at the car counter, the gentleman there, being very friendly and all, and hearing we were celebrating our anniversary, upgraded us to a Black Mustang. He wanted us "to have some fun." We had to laugh that several people commented on it, and yet when we drove in it, it felt less responsive than the car Mike already drives. Oh well, it was fine and we did have lots of fun all week long.
One of our favorite activities was boarding the Branson Belle Showboat for dinner and a show.
After dinner and before the main show, we walked out on the different decks and enjoyed being out on the water. I selected this picture because of the flag and Mike. Everywhere we went, they honored the Veterans, and that was neat. We liked all the shows we saw and its fun to go out to eat for a week and explore new places, but the best part was just being together. He's been so crazy busy this year, that having a week just for ourselves was wonderful.
After the amazing show, it was time to depart and this was the view! Gorgeous!
We had hoped to see Andy Williams, but he passed away ten days before our show at his theater, but we still ate at his restaurant and saw his wonderful art collection on the walls and gold records above the bar and saw the Osmonds at his theater. The funny thing is, we hardly know any of their music, but I knew most all of the songs Andy sang. We also had a lot of great laughs throughout the week too, and that was a gift we needed. Branson is much bigger than I thought. There was plenty to see and do. I even found a wonderful quilt shop there and of course picked up some new fabric.
Mike and I love music and my best memories of the Mustang include listening and singing along to the radio stations that played "music of the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90." There was one station for each decade and some showcased all four. Everything from the Beatles to The Temptations to Billy Joel to Queen.  We remember the music of the generation before us, it was what our parents listened to, so we did too, and it was fun looking that far back, and still being able to remember it today. Frankly, as the years go on, that gets harder than we'd like, but at least we're going in that direction together.

No comments: