Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Christmas Cards

A few weeks ago I was going to start making my Christmas cards. I spent an hour playing with inks and the Cricut and this is what I came up with. We haven't taken a family picture this year, so I thought I'd find some individual photos and create a collage with them, but then I realized they would be printed 4 x 6 and this is a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" card and so I was going to need to make some changes somewhere. That change turned out to be - I'm not making my cards this year. I already ordered this year's cards from Costco. I'm happy with them, and so this will be the only homemade Christmas card I send. I haven't decided who its going to yet.
A week ago I taught the ladies at the quilt guild how to make a simple homemade quilt card. This was the "block" I decided to have them make. They liked it, but I was surprised how many  (most) had never used a tape runner. Its a scrapbooker's best friend. I use mine all the time. Every hobby has its own tools.  I had a few left over cards, so I'm going to stamp an appreciative greeting on the front and now my Thank-you cards  will be done too. These are 1 1/2 inch squares in the center with those same size squares cut at the diagonal to make the corners.  Keeping it simple. It still works for me.
Here's to wishing you a peaceful Christmas. . . Hard to believe its only about six weeks ahead.

No comments: