Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Looking like Christmas

 The stockings were hung on the stairway, not far from the chimney, with care. So easy to just tie them up with a bow. Over the years I've hung the stockings from several different places. This was by far the easiest, just tying them to the railing. MyGirl doesn't like it, but I am. I didn't like the Command Strips last year poking out of the garland on the fireplace railing last year.
 I found these pins at T*rget this year. Very simple along with the Christmas plaid, which is a pattern I just love. Must be my British Isle heritage coming through.
The mantle is little bit different this year. Wanted to add my two favorite Christmas decorations to the greenery. First, the picture of my youngest on Santa's lap in a Santa frame given to my by my oldest (meaning I've known her since I was only one) friend. Its just a precious photo and brings back so many memories of the kids being so excited to sit on his lap filled with the excitement and magical feelings of Christmas. Next is the small white nativity I found several years ago in Delaware on a Thanksgiving vacation.  Its really an ornament, but is somewhat heavy, and so putting it on the tree always causes me concern. I love it because its just beautiful and peaceful and in its simplicity reminds me of what really matters most at Christmas.  

I got some flack this year about my tree being too cluttered with non-matching ornaments, but that's just the kind of tree I love. Very homey, very much filled with special memories and the people who gave me those ornaments and filled with my love. The stars are mostly to remind me of my children and there is a heart on the tree for each year Mike and I have been married. This year's is made of tweed and has 2012 embroidered on it. Speaking of embroidery, I've been hand appliqueing the blanket stitch on one of my Christmas presents I'm almost finished with. I'll take photos and post pictures after Christmas. . . can't ruin any surprises!

No comments: