Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

My Favorite People

One of the best parts of Christmas, for me, is being with my favorite people. Of course I'm talking about my family, and lest you think, MyGirl is left out, that is by choice. She doesn't want me posting photos of her anymore, but she is one of my very favorite people too.

Cowgirl brought her Christmas apron and helped Grandma with the big dinner cooking on Christmas Eve, a delicious honey-baked ham and everything good to go with it!

                                                                     My oldest two
                                            The youngest and the oldest that were gathered.
 Mom and MyGirl had made homemade crackers, and even cut tissue paper hats, which we all put on during Christmas Eve dinner - symbolic of the wise men, I think. Here is my wise man, blinded by the star, er, light from my camera. He's such a good sport!
 We then had a special traditional program, where we read from the scriptures, sing a hymn and have family prayer. (The hats were off shortly after I took this photo.)
 When we came back home, these three played Christmas hymns together, and brought such a wonderful Spirit into our home. As close to heavenly hosts as we could have, and I loved every minute!
 On Christmas morning, Mom and Dad came over to watch the kids open their gifts. They also brought everyone socks as part of their Christmas gifts. It just happened to be that BigBuddy was wearing this shirt so MyMike shared his socks with his son. LOL -  LOVE The cape on the back - too funny!
 Littlebuddy modeling his Bacon socks. He loved them. It was his nickname at the beginning of the school year, and a Baconater, er eater, he is.

All that were left of breakfast after breakfast was done - three small orange or cinnamon rolls.
 I was told, "For the thirteenth year in a row, it was the best Christmas Ever." Grateful everyone was happy. I just happy to be with all of them!

No comments: