Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Baby Cards

I have a new niece so I made this card for her. Have to use my paper flower stash once in a while.

 This card is for a baby using the Babycakes paper pack and one of the new single stamps. They're under $3 and I can see myself using this one a lot for last minute baby gifts. However, today I was in card-making mode, so I made a few simple ones to be a little more prepared. This one is for a boy.
 Last week right before the nation turned frigid, the fronts were starting to form and this was the view outside my great room window. I love watching the clouds and their colors sometimes are just spectacular! However, I forgot to take my camera out of auto mode and it picked up the reflecting Christmas lights from our tree. Christmas is now all put away, the weather is no longer frigid here, and we're back in the school and seminary routines .
How quickly things change. In less than ten minutes later this was the same view from the same window. Light makes all the difference, doesn't it?
 I just finished reading The Count of Monte Cristo. It was slow for me, as the grammar was not common English, and yet I enjoyed it thoroughly. I had only seen the movie and wanted to read the book. . . its quite different, especially at the end. I feel so much more satisfied having read the book, and find myself once again inspired to reach deeper within to be my best self. The themes of vengeance, forgiveness, and trusting the Lord were woven together so well. Its easy to understand why it is a classic and I regret not reading it earlier in my life, as I feel with all the great books I have been reading lately.  Anyhow, on the last few pages we are reminded how to go on when there has been grief and yet one is trying to follow the Lord. These simple words will remain with me for a long time. . . "wait and hope." 

No comments: