Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2009

creative homemade activities


It has been so fun having my Cowgirl daughter home during the summer. We surprised MyGirl with a partial bedroom makeover on Thurs. night while she was at church by making new floral wall decor to replace the vinyl circles and squares she considers too modern for her current style. I painted, Cowgirl no-sewed and we had so much fun. The day before we had played Scrabble to the point of laughing so hard bathroom breaks were in order shortly thereafter. Breathless laughter and the high pitched giggle of a 21 year old are just as much fun as with a 5 year old. I miss her but am glad for the fun we are creating while she's here. We've been creating all kinds of fun since she's been here. . . camping soup recipes, quiet time for just the two of us to chat, ways to play for not a lot of money, domestic bliss, and arts and crafts too






Yesterday we picked raspberries and then made homemade raspberry ice cream, using PioneerWomen's recipe for Blackberry ice cream. . . OH MY! It was so rich and good. I better not make it too often for fear of addiction, but it was melt-in-your-mouth wonderful and raspberries aren't even my favorite fruit!
We're reading Harry Potter 7 since movie 6 leaves you wanting to resolve all the issues, and we're not good at waiting. Cowgirl, BigBuddy, and I have already read it, but not the youngest two, so that's been fun to share it with them. Creating suspense and anticipation - JK Rowling is a master, is she not?
Picking zucchini and tomatoes every day now feels like the height of creative fruition. I think I shall always have to garden every year from this point forward. I have LOVED it so much. These were the pickings MyMike pulled off today. And, speaking of MyMike, yesterday we celebrated 22 years together. He reminded me in the morning that I have now spent as much of my life with him as without. It just gets better through the years and I am so grateful to be able to create a marriage that has lasted. Of all the creative endeavors, this is one I cherish the most!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: