Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Creativity

Creativity . . .
Where has it gone??? I just don't spend much time scrapbooking or card making or creating a wonderful new recipe or repurposing something or anything very creative.
It's summer. I expect a few days of R&R but they're coming in one hour time segments at the end of the day when I'm just too tired.
I signed up for a FREE photography class, but I've only made time once in the past two weeks to even open up the camera case. Fortunately, its saved on-line. I will get to it eventually.


Today, the fish LittleBuddy caught last night, made it onto my digital screen. It's LittleBuddy's first official all-by-himself-no-adults-needed and it stayed on the hook. It had to be remembered! And, there is a story to tell there. Its in a ziploc that I brought because I had faith all along that he would catch a fish, and so he puts it in the bag next to me and goes back to try to catch another. MyMike and I are on a park bench relaxing, chatting, watching the kids, and the bag starts to jump. I was out of that bench so fast and on the other side of Mike, and of course, he just quietly chuckled. Then a few minutes later, it jumps off the bench and onto the ground, which is just fine with me, because it keeps startling me. And basically its supposed to be dead and its still alive. . . I mean, Really! That's startling! Then a couple is walking by and it jumps again. They jumped. I, of course, am still jumping, but not off the bench by this time, and as I explain its my son's first fish, they make some comment about how completely unexpected that was and that was going to give them a heart attack. Mike's getting in a lot of chuckles. Well, welcome to my world. Where the unexpected reigns and where hearts jump regularly as a little boy delights in watching me jump several times a week as he jumps out at me when I least expect it. How could I expect his first fish to do less?? AND, Who knew that the highlight of my day was a jumping ziploc carried home by a little boy who waited all weekend to go and catch THAT fish.
This is my creative life. I am writing it down to remember it, and loving having it in my memory. Someday I'll document it in a creative way. For now, just living is all I can do, and gratefully, I still get to!

No comments: