Pages

Friday, July 3, 2009

Hooray for America





Tomorrow is the 4th. . . where did the year go??? Looking forward to having MyGirl home again tomorrow after a week at girl's camp. She called today and sounded so happy. She said it was her best week since being a 1st year - how glad I am!!! Can't wait to just sit and listen to all the tales. Its fun to look at pics from last year. . . every year is a little different and every year has some of the same traditions too. No waffles this year, but saving blueberries and strawberries for dessert on top of homemade vanilla ice cream instead.

Today our long weekend started. Just having MyMike home felt like a holiday. I was on the go at 8am and only stopped in for short stops the rest of the day. Painting has begun inside. Can't wait for the baseboards to really look white again! My favorite activity of the day, taking LittleBuddy to the lake with MyMike for fishing. This photo is old, but it is the same place we went tonight. We went after dinner and spent a couple of hours there. So wished I'd remembered to bring my camera because as we left to head back to the car, a million fireflies were blinking in and out of the woods. It was like a Disney ride in the dark, lights flickering eerily and also in perfect synchronicity. . . such a magical moment - gotta remember it! And, LittleBuddy caught three fish, and they ALL got away. . . the stories he'll tell someday. As his hand grows, the bigger the stories will be too :-)
I'm continually reminded that I live in such freedom because I was blessed to be born in America. I just can't express enough my appreciation for all those who have paved the way with blood and tears for me to live this life I live. God Bless America, my home sweet home!

No comments: