Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

Another Post

If anyone reads this, I'm sure its a sudden shock that I'm posting again. Its probably partly from guilt - I have the Christmas letter written. It's been done for a couple of weeks. I just put off copying it. Then Friday night, after our ward activity, I thought, Okay now I'll go downstairs and copy the letter, get everything ready to be mailed while it snows, and send them all out Monday morning. So, down I go, and I get three copies made until the ink cartridge lets me know its out of ink, and since we were getting an inch of snow an hour for between 23-24 hours, today was the first time I could venture out to get a replacement. (The last one lasted for over a year and I just forget about it when its so reliable - learned that lesson!)

Except for sending out the letters and getting one more giftcard and making a couple of homemade gifts, still, for my kids - Christmas is ready! I can't believe it. Actually looking at this list, I'm not done yet - wishful thinking!!! Still, it feels good to presents all wrapped and under the tree, packages sent a week ago, baking done and delivered tonight. (One of my neighbors said it was the first time they'd ever been caroled to, which we decided to do since it was Family Night, so that was special for us to be their first!) We've had all kind of service opportunities, and I still can't believe iwe've been able to get it all done. I guess that's just a testimony that when doing the Lord's week, He can make up the deficits without us even realizing it.

The fridge is full, the children are home from school for another day, so there'll be more tubing and snowball fights and snow forts, and they've had lots of activities with their friends, which is a sign we're not out rushing about when we have time for the people who matter the most to us. We're keeping Christmas music on in the car, on the stereo, on PBS yesterday - did you hear Andrea Bocelli? Fabulous! Had to buy that CD today!! Music is such a big part of the holidays for me. I think I've had some part in a ward's Christmas program for more years than I can remember. Probably, for most of my marriage, and its been fun. I really enjoyed preparing with Steven, who is playing The First Noel with myself and Kristine Knudson. Hopefully we get to make it up this coming week, which got snowed out. Steven's winter concert was wonderful. Unfortunately Ryan's has gotten canceled - it was supposed to be tomorrow, so we'll look forward to his make-up one in January.

No comments: