Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Some Creativity Again




Today - a big, beautiful snow day! I love it. It looks like we have about 18 inches outside right now. Life slows down. We all relax and the rush and hustle of the holidays grinds to a halt. Its back to just family and what we have here.

I started my Christmas baking on Thursday night. Today I did some more.

And, now, more time to post some photos I've wanted to share for over a month.

These are the felt turkeys I found at a dollar bin somewhere and used to make our place cards for Thanksgiving - a little ink and their names - easy.
Now for a lot more work, all done by my sister-in-law, Rebecca Jacobs.

Its a countdown for Christmas in a mini-muffin tin, held together with magnetic labels of the numbers. Inside are piece of papers I typed up with an activity every day, most of them service oriented. Its been great fun for the children to do something.
She used the magnetic material you use in a heating vent, which is light weight. Then she used her Xyron to adhere cute patterned papers to the front, then she used her die cut numbers and more Xyron on those to stick on top of the paper, and after all that, she added white snowflakes with more Xyron on them. . . I think I need a Xyron! The ribbon is satin in an apple green - just love it! She is one talented lady!

No comments: