Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Hearts Aplenty

One more week until Valentine's! I've got a few cards made, but not enough. I have a few decorations out too, but just a few. Tomorrow is LittleBuddy's birthday so my time has been spent on getting ready for that even more. Today I make his cake. . . may the 3rd time be the charm. My first two ice cream cakes had serious melting issues :-(  I love Valentine's Day because I love to love my family. Its not a big present day for us but it is a special day still.
I like to play with scraps when I make cards so all of these papers are older. Only the stamp sets are newer. The hearts all came from the ones included with CTMH's Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge. It made it easy to know which size of a background heart to frame it with because the inches are printed right on the stamp set.
A little girlie card then a little more masculine card.
Among the favorite hearts in our house are on the Mary Englebreit quilt my mom made for us. I'm currently keeping it upstairs on my sofa as a throw. The colors and the feel just make me happy!
Another great quilt of my mom's, this time from Moda fabric for a table runner on our dining room table. This is more of a snow themed runner, but the bright reds lend themselves to everything from Christmas to Valentines, in my opinion. I sprinkled heart glass shapes in the centerpiece. Sprinkling a little hearts here and there is my idea of decorating.  Love this time of  year!

No comments: