Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Smattering of Celebrations

The last time I bought a card was probably ten years ago. And, cards are often needed in life, so last week after making Valentine's Cards, I made lots of non-Valentine's cards too. This should cover me for the month. I've given away a few not seen here either. This was what was left yesterday as I pulled out my camera.
Used chalk popping on the butterfly and an embossing plate on the yellow background. Chalk popping is one of my favorite stamping techniques!
Hand cut a little onesie. Kept this one very simple.
Used the Cricut to cut out the heart background shape on the Bamboo colored cardstock, and also to cut out the white heart shape which I later stamped in Tulip for the polka dot heart. I also stamped the musical background onto the Desert Sand cardstock giving it the layering I wanted. . . . for my musical hubby. He liked it!

Our family celebrated Valentines Day last night. We're just having that kind of year where all holidays are approximate, as our schedules are often dictated by someone else and it was lovely even if it was the 13th. I do have little surprises for all their breakfasts and lunches today to stretch out the love for the 14th, its just that we won't all be together until tonight at 8:30 pm so we made do.
Layering using fabric flowers works when you don't have to send the card faraway.
I like to stamp open stamps onto patterned paper. Loved this psychedelic daisy! Fun colors here! I'm sure you've noticed I used the same piece of patterned paper and color scheme on different cards here. I like to challenge myself to create different things with the same products. Keeps it interesting for me - and makes less mess on my desk too ;-) It wouldn't be so funny if my desk weren't such a disaster! That is priority #2 today after homeschooling.
LittleBuddy has lots of thank you notes to write. Simplified it by cutting patterned cardstock for the card bases and the Cricut for the front blue caption. Kept it along our superhero theme.
LittleBuddy's birthday card. The present is pop-dotted and took advantage of comic cardstock I had. He loved it. Happy Valentine's Day, Happy Birthday, Happy Baby Shower, always something to celebrate!

No comments: